Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Seized Property

How do I request my seized property back from the police?

You need an attorney on board for this before doing anything. Just because no one was arrested or charged does not mean that’s not coming. Anything you say to police (even if it just starts as a request to get seized property back) can and will be used against you.

Do not talk to police on your own right now. The police are not required to be honest and straightforward with you if they are still investigating. All communication with police from this point needs to be done through an attorney. You could potentially be facing very serious felony charges here, and you do not want to try to handle that on your own.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…