Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Restitution

I support my boyfriend who is making restitution payments. There is a financial hearing in Idaho we can’t possibly make. What do we do?

The best thing your boyfriend can do is to stay in touch with the court, and let the court know what his circumstances are. This is far better than stopping paying altogether without notifying the court. As far as the court date, he could consider retaining an attorney to cover that financial review hearing, or contacting the local public defender’s office if he cannot afford to hire privately.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…