Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Q: How do I know if my case can be appealed?

A: If the defendant pled not guilty and was convicted by a judge or jury, a case can usually be appealed.

If the defendant pled guilty, the option to appeal is very limited. A motion may be filed in the trial court to set aside the guilty plea. This requires that the defendant was improperly advised regarding the consequences of pleading guilty, was inappropriately pressured into pleading guilty, or other circumstance that demonstrates the plea was not voluntarily or knowingly entered into by the defendant.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…