Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Vacating Theft Charges

Is it possible to vacate two “theft 3” charges in Washington?

You can vacate a single misdemeanor conviction once in a lifetime. So, if these were two separate, unrelated charges, you will only be able to vacate the most recent one.

Also, you have to wait three years from the date you completed the last condition of your sentence (paying fines, probation period, etc.). An attorney would be able to analyze whether you qualify to do this yet, and then help you get everything done quickly and correctly. It is possible to do this on your own, but not necessarily easy.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…