Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Can I Receive Credit If I Owe Restitution?

If I owe restitution, does the Federal probation officer have the right to stop me from receiving credit?

Typically when someone is on Federal probation, it is a standard condition that the probationer’s finances are reviewed and controlled by the probation department. This places the probationer under the probation office’s control for things like buying and selling property or as in your case, like obtaining credit. But you can petition the judge for review of anything the PO does which you feel is capricious and arbitrary. I don’t know all of the circumstances, but this maybe worth consulting your attorney about.

Fill out the form below to contact the experienced defense attorneys of Lustick, Kaimain & Madrone for a free consultation on your case:

[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”tr

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…