Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Probation Violation

I have ignition interlock and my probation officer got a letter that I had start up failures. I received a letter with a court date. What should I do? 

You should consider contacting an attorney who specializes in DUI defense as soon as you can. Your attorney will be able to advise you whether it makes sense to admit or deny the alleged probation violation. If the prosecutor is going to be able to prove the probation violation, your attorney should be able to negotiate an appropriate sanction to recommend to the judge. The sanction will depend on your criminal history and your attorney’s ability to effectively negotiate with the prosecutor. 

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…