Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Personal Restraint Petition

If a person files a personal restraint petition to have a case reviewed, can he get more time added onto his sentence?

Simply filing a PRP will not result in more time being added to his sentence. However, if he succeeds with his PRP by, for example, getting a new trial ordered or getting his guilty plea vacated, he would be going back into court and essentially starting over from the beginning. From there, he could end up with a better, worse, or the same result. He will need to consult with an attorney to get more detailed information about his specific circumstances.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…