Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: No Contact Order

When my boyfriend and I had a fight, state issued a no contact order. It’s not necessary now, but they still arrested him. How do I remove it? 

This is pretty common for situations like yours. You don’t want the order, but the prosecutor asks for it anyways and the judge puts it in place. If your boyfriend keeps having contact with you (even if you’re ok with it), he’s going to keep getting arrested and picking up new criminal charges. The only way for you to remove the order is to go in front of a judge and ask to have it lifted. Don’t be surprised though if the judge denies your request. This is also very common while criminal charges are still pending. If your boyfriend has an attorney, he should talk to the attorney about what he can do to work towards getting the order lifted.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…