Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Military Housing

Can the military kick me and my kids out of base housing while my husband is deployed?

Without knowing the facts, on an Army base, the post commander has authority to revoke base housing for reasonable cause, which can include reasons involving nuisance, physical violence toward others, or repeated violations of the base housing rules. 

A revocation of base housing privileges can happen with due notice, but is customarily subject to an appeal. In an appeal, you can sometimes get a probation period to demonstrate that you are capable to remaining in housing without any other problems. But on the other hand, if you have had any other problems during your stay in base housing, probation may not be available. There is no exception that I am aware of which prevents the revocation of housing because your husband (sponsor) is deployed. 

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…