Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Garnishment

How do I stop my wages from being garnished and get an unfair felony off my record?

You should probably set up a consultation with an attorney. It sounds like you have issues from a criminal conviction (the felony), but if you were sued you probably also have a judgment against you in a civil matter. Those may be two separate things that need to get fixed in two separate ways.

As for the felony, you probably do not qualify to vacate the conviction if the court does not have proof that you completed your sentence and were discharged. Again, an attorney could help you sort that all out.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…