Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Expunging My Son’s Record

My son was charged with two counts of assault and spent nine months in county jail. He is getting mental health help and has no incidents. Can his record be expunged?

The first step for your son is to make sure he completes his probation without incident. Getting a case dropped from two felony counts to a misdemeanor is a significant positive outcome. Then, if this happens, your son may be able to get the misdemeanor removed from his record later as well. This is called “vacating” a conviction. He would have to wait a period of time (a minimum of three years) to make this kind of request. And that whole time would have to be spent with no new criminal charges. If he stays out of trouble for that period of time, he would want to talk to an attorney about vacating the misdemeanor conviction.

Contact an Attorney:

If you’d like to speak with a lawyer concerning your case, fill out the form below for a free consultation with the attorneys of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…