Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Crossing the Border with an Offense

I was convicted in 2011 of an offense (a small grow up) committed in 2003. I received no probation and only paid court costs. I’m from Canada and wish to cross the border without trouble. How do I get my record either vacated or expunged?

If you were convicted of a crime, you will want to get that conviction vacated. Whether you qualify to do this will depend on the exact offense you were convicted of and the amount of time that has gone by. (The relevant date is generally the date of conviction, not the date the offense was committed.)

If you were convicted of a felony, you will have to have finished your sentence and had an “Order of Discharge” entered by the court. The time to petition for a vacation starts on the date the Discharge order was entered. If one has not entered yet, you will need to contact the court to see how to get this done.

Contact an Attorney:

If you’d like to speak with a lawyer concerning your case, fill out the form below for a free consultation with the attorneys of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…