Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Clearing a DUI from Your Record

What does my son need to do to clear a DUI from his record so he can get his drivers license? He lives out-of-state.

He needs to go back to the court where he was convicted (ideally with an attorney at his side), and petition the court to quash (get rid of) his arrest warrant. Once that is done, he will have to figure out what sentence requirements are left for him to complete.

Once he knows what he has to do, he will have to put the work into getting those things done. This can be inconvenient for someone who now lives out-of-state, but until he gets this done, an active warrant for his arrest will remain in place. That can create a number of problems into the future, including impacts on his driver’s license and risk of arrest.

Contact an Attorney:

If you’d like to speak with a lawyer concerning your case, fill out the form below for a free consultation with the attorneys of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…