Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Deferred Sentence

How do you get rid of a deferred sentence?

A deferred sentence involves a criminal conviction with a built-in “expiration date.” Typically, the way this works is you plead guilty to an offense and the judge imposes the conviction as a deferred sentence. Usually, this means if you stay out of trouble and do whatever is ordered in your sentence during a specified period of time (for example, one year), at the end of the period the court will reverse the conviction and dismiss the charge. From that point on, the charge will show up on your record as having been dismissed.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…