Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Questions: Restoring Rights

I have a felony conviction and would like to reinstate my right to travel outside the country, among others. Can I do that if I still owe a fine? 

When you are convicted of a felony, you lose the right to vote, to serve on a jury, and to own/possess firearms. If you have stayed out of trouble for a period of time, you may be able to get most or all of these rights restored. The fact that you have not paid the fine may limit your ability to fully clear your record, but you should still be able to get most of your rights restored.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…