Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Vacating a Domestic Violence Charge

I have a DV (domestic violence) NCO (no-contact order) issued 5 years ago. I want to vacate the misdemeanor I was convicted of 5 years ago. Is this possible?

You cannot get a conviction vacated until 5 years has passed from the time the no-contact order is lifted. (During the 5 years, you must not have any new criminal charges filed against you.)

Usually, an NCO that is connected to a criminal conviction will have an automatic expiration date. You might want to find out when that date is first. If it is still a ways off, you should consider hiring an attorney to handle the motion for you. A qualified attorney will know how to assess your chances of success and then follow-through to accomplish the lift of the NCO. It would be much harder to accomplish this on your own.

Contact an Attorney:

If you’d like to speak with a lawyer concerning your case, fill out the form below for a free consultation with the attorneys of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…