Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Military Discharge

Should I hire an attorney to handle veterans benefits for a medical condition and discharge for other than honorable conditions?

An administrative separation for mental health reasons usually results in an honorable discharge with qualifying veterans benefits. The discharge can take a while and will sometimes require that you undergo a medical review board and receive an exit physical to determine your level of disability, if any. But an administrative discharge for “other than honorable” conditions, or “OTH” as you stated it, is very different. This level of discharge requires proof that you committed some sort of misconduct. Furthermore, if the Navy desires to have your discharge characterized as OTH, you have the right to a board of inquiry of at least three officers who will hear evidence against you and determine whether there is any basis for your discharge. 

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…