Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: Can I Expunge My Record After A Deferred Sentence?

I have completed a two-year deferred sentence on a shoplifting charge. It’s currently dismissed. Can I have it expunged?

If your charge was reported to the Washington State Patrol, you can apply to have the arrest record expunged. You have to wait two years from the time of the dismissal to petition for expungement. Also, WSP is not required to expunge the record if the dismissal was the result of a deferred sentence. WSP’s current policy is to deny expungement requests for these types of circumstances. So the practical answer is no.

If you’d like help in expunging your record, contact us for a free consultation in the form below:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…