Contact Us
Call us 360 685 4221
Or schedule Your free consultation
222 Grand Avenue, Suite A, Bellingham, WA 98225

Legal Question: How Do I Get Rid of a Felony?

What can I do to get rid of my felony ? I would like to get a better job and maybe go hunting again.

To get a felony conviction off your record, you have to wait a certain period of time (typically 5-10 years depending on the type of felony). Then you can petition the court to vacate the felony from your record. You can only do this if you have fulfilled all of your sentence obligations and been discharged by the court. Also, you have to stay out of trouble during that whole time. In order to go hunting, you have to separately petition the court to restore your firearm rights. Vacating a conviction does NOT automatically restore your gun rights, even though the conviction is removed from your record.

Contact an Attorney:

If you’d like to speak with a lawyer concerning your case, fill out the form below for a free consultation with the attorneys of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone:

Contact Form

Navigating a bad situation? We can help find a solution. Our team is dedicated to protecting your future and starts with a Free Consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Arrest warrants are issued by judges when a person is wanted by the police for the commission of a…

Alternatives To Jail Time

The Bellingham Municipal Court system has approved the use of home detention and other…